Bilingual Administrative Assistant (French/English), Vancouver
|Position: Bilingual Administrative Assistant||(French/English)|
|Office: Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Type of position: Full time (with the option of working part-time)|
|Starting date: As soon as possible (flexible)|
|Salary: Power Law offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience, as well as various social and medical benefits.|
- Bilingual Administrative Assistant (French/English)
- Full time (with the option of working part-time)
- Litigation (401 West Georgia Street, Suite 1660, Vancouver, BC V6B 5A1)
- In person
Power Law is a leading Canadian civil litigation firm working in constitutional and public law, with a particular focus in education law, administrative law and Aboriginal law, before all levels of court.
We are a team of dynamic, diverse and high-performing legal professionals, practicing law from coast to coast. We value our highly skilled team members and are committed to building an inclusive work environment.
The team offers specialized services aimed at resolving the legal disputes of its clients in the most efficient and accessible manner possible. We work collaboratively, relying on the diverse skills and unique strengths of our various team members, to better serve our clients’ needs.
Duties & Responsabilities
The successful candidate will work with a team of lawyers, students, and other professionals that practice in both official languages (French and English), but primarily in French, in a vast array of practice areas.
The general duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Office administration and organisation of the Vancouver office, including:
- receiving and transferring messages from clients and others,
- archiving of documents and emails,
- writing all types of correspondence,
- translating simple texts,
- coordinating shipments by regular mail and courier service,
- ordering office supplies and other necessities,
- other ad hoc administrative tasks;
- follow-up on IT problems with the technical support department as well as research regarding the improvement of the efficiency of IT equipment;
- ad hoc support for the preparation, revision, printing, and organization of documents, typing, emergency deliveries, especially to the courts, as well as other varied but important ad hoc tasks; and
- continuous close work with staff and lawyers in the three offices (in Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal).
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate may vary depending on the successful candidate’s experience and interests.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule with some overtime, depending on the team’s needs.
- French (mastery: both written and oral)
- English (fluency: both written and oral)
- Experience in administrative positions;
- Great organization skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work well both autonomously and collaboratively, within a team with members in other time zones (Ottawa and Montreal);
- Ability to work under pressure, in a demanding environment, with varying and often competing priorities;
- Good knowledge of software such as Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Experience in a legal environment would be an asset; and
- Interest in event planning and coordinating would also be desirable.
The person selected for this position will work under the supervision of Caroline Etter, Executive Director and Professional Partner and will work directly with Gwendoline Decat-Beltrami, Audrey Brun-Bellut and Shadie Bourget.
If you are interested in joining the growing team at Power Law, please send us your cover letter and resume at:
Audrey Brun-Bellut email@example.com
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Power Law is committed to diversity and inclusion in our recruitment process.
We ensure the confidentiality of all applications.
Power Law is committed to providing a collaborative, inclusive, and enriching work environment.
Power Law offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and social benefits.
If you are interested in joining Power Law’s dynamic and growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume to Caroline Etter : firstname.lastname@example.org and Gwendoline Decat-Beltrami email@example.com .
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. We ensure the confidentiality of all applications. Questions should be e-mailed to Gwendoline Decat-Beltrami firstname.lastname@example.org or Audrey Brun-Bellut email@example.com.