Bilingual Administrative Assistant (English/French)
Position : Bilingual Administrative Assistant (English/French)
Office: Montréal, Québec
Type of position: Full time
Starting date: As soon as possible (flexible)
Salary: Power Law offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience, as well as various social and medical benefits.
- Bilingual Administrative Assistant (French/English)
- Full time
- In person
Power Law is a leading Canadian civil litigation firm working in constitutional and public law, with a particular focus in education law, administrative law and Aboriginal law, before all levels of court. We are a team of dynamic, diverse and high-performing legal professionals, practicing law from coast to coast. We value our highly skilled team members and are committed to building an inclusive work environment. The team offers specialized services aimed at resolving the legal disputes of its clients in the most efficient and accessible manner possible. We work collaboratively, relying on the diverse skills and unique strengths of our various team members, to better serve our clients’ needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work with a team of lawyers, students, and other professionals that practice in both official languages (French and English), in a French work environment, in a vast array of practice areas.
The general duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Organization of various follow-ups with law societies under the supervision of a lawyer
- Conflict searches for the firm
- Office administration and organization of the Vancouver office, including:
- receiving and transferring messages from clients and others,
- archiving of documents and emails,
- writing all types of correspondence,
- translating simple texts,
- coordinating shipments by regular mail and courier service,
- ordering office supplies and other necessities,
- other ad hoc administrative tasks;
- Follow-up on IT problems with the technical support department as well as research regarding the improvement of the efficiency of IT equipment;
- Ad hoc support for the preparation, revision, printing, and organization of documents,
- emergency deliveries, especially to the courts, as well as other varied but important ad hoc tasks; and
- Continuous close work with staff and lawyers in the three offices (in Montréal, Ottawa and Vancouver).
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate may vary depending on the successful candidate’s experience and interests. Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule with some overtime, depending on the team’s needs.
- French (fluency: both written and oral)
- English (good knowledge: both written and oral)
- Experience in administrative positions preferred;
- Great organization skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work well both autonomously and collaboratively, within a team with members in other time zones (Ottawa and Vancouver);
- Ability to work under pressure, in a demanding environment, with varying and often competing priorities;
- Excellent knowledge of software such as Word, PDF Exchange and Outlook and good knowledge of other software programs, for example Excel;
- Experience in a legal environment would be an asset; and
- Interest in event planning and coordinating would also be desirable.
The person selected for this position will work under the supervision of Caroline Etter, Executive Director and Professional Partner and will work directly with Ornella Namahoro and Audrey Brun-Bellut.